Time of Consecration
I beseech you therefore; brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. — Romans 12:1
Consecration – to set apart or “sanctify” for God’s purpose!
Fasting – a practice of abstaining from food for a specified period of time, for the purpose of bringing the body under the control and direction of the Holy Spirit. Through fasting, we can experience spiritual renewal, supernatural healing, a release from the bondage of sin, restoration in relationships, financial blessings, and so much more!
Corporate Fasting – when believers come together as a group to fast and pray for specific reasons. Prayer and seeking the Lord are key components to fasting
Benefits to Corporate Fasting:
- Spiritual Unity
- Advance level of Spiritual Warfare
- Spiritual Guidance
- Spiritual Cleansing
- Spiritual Discipline
- Supernatural Breakthroughs
Biblical Examples of Corporate Fasting:
- In Acts 13:1-3 as they ministered to the Lord and fasted corporately, the Holy Spirit gave specific directions.
- In 2 Chronicles 20, Jehoshaphat, overwhelmed by an invasion, called the people to fast and pray. This corporate prayer and fasting resulted in Judah’s victory over their enemy – without a fight!
- In Ezra 8:21-23, Ezra called a time of corporate prayer and fasting to seek God’s wisdom and protection. “Then I proclaimed a fast there, at the river of Ahava, that we might fast before our God to seek of Him a right way for us, and for our little ones, and for all our substance . . . so we fasted and besought our God for this: and He was entreated of us.”
- For this coming year New Life Ministries will be fasting for 1 week. The fast will begin on Monday, January 22nd and end on Monday, January 29th.
- The fast will be a partial fast that consists of eating only 1 meal a day. Find our Fasting Guide Here. The meal can be eating at any time with the following restrictions:
- No White Bread
- No Sweets
- No Soda
- No Fried Foods
- No red meat
- Drink only 100% fruit juices & water
- Coffee or Tea (drink on a limited basis)
*If you are on any medication that requires food while taking it; please go ahead and eat something while avoiding the restricted food items.
Limited Activities During Consecration
- Watching TV
- Listening to Music
- Any hobbies that occupies a lot of our time
- Intimacy with spouse
This period of consecration is not just about limiting and restricting things, but is about replacing those things that bring gratification to the flesh with things that bring more spiritual enhancement. This is what allows the Holy Spirit to be more in control and allows us to be more spiritually alert.
Daily Prayers & Scriptures to Read, Mediate, & Focus on:
- Day 1: Cleanse & Purify the Body
Prayer Focus: The removal of any hindrances in the body; breaking the strongholds of any addictions, sins, and bad habits in the body; the washing of the body by the word and the blood of Jesus; the removal of any bitterness or unforgiveness in the body; the strength for the body to fight temptation and resist the devil; a deeper level of obedience and sacrifice in the body
- Day 2: Maturity of our Faith and Actions
Read & Mediate: James 2:14-26; Hebrews 5:11-14; Ephesians 4:13-15; Colossians 2:6-7; 1 Corinthians 14:20
Prayer Focus: Spiritual Maturity, knowing and understand our spiritual responsibilities and holding ourselves accountable to them; allowing our faith to grow to the point where our actions represent what we believe; accepting new roles and responsibilities that are needed in the ministry and reflect our growth in God; setting a tone with our friends and family about living for God
- Day 3: Commitment to Excellence in Worship
Read & Mediate: Roman 12:1-2; Genesis 4:4; Colossians 3:17-24; Proverb 13:4; Ecclesiastes 9:10; Galatians 6:9
Prayer Focus: understanding that nothing we do for God is in vain; God deserves our best because he is given us His best; allow the Holy Spirit to be in control of our lives because the Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak; strength to not give in to temptation or the ways of the world; put God first in our actions and everything else is secondary; do not let circumstances dictate what we do for God; He is worthy of everything we have because everything we have comes from Him
- Day 4: Wisdom & Guidance from the Lord
Prayer Focus : our spiritual leaders to receive wisdom, direction, and revelation from God; give us strategies and ideals on how to grow the church; submitting to the leaders of the church as they submit to God; wisdom and guidance in dealing with church administration and finances; direction in outreach and other ministries of the church; being led by the spirit when appointing leaders of the church and fulfilling positions of need in the church; spiritual wisdom in dealing with obstacles and complex situations in the church; acceptance of God’s will for the ministry; power and anointing of the Spirit to accomplish the works of the ministry
- Day 5: Building a Spiritual House
Prayer Focus: the unity of our spiritual leaders; unity between our members; an agape love for each other; compassion for each other needs; support throughout the ministry and an encouragement for each other; gaining revelation on our divine purpose and yielding to God’s plans for us; coming against any Spirit of division and strife; love each other through our faults and weaknesses; not judging one another but correcting each other in love; worshipping and serving God on one accord
- Day 6: Understanding and Receiving of Spiritual Gifts
Read & Mediate: Romans 12:4-8; 1 Peter 4:10-11; 1 Corinthians 12:1-28; 2 Timothy 1:6-7; Ephesians 4:11-13;
Prayer Focus: desiring and having the faith for God to work supernaturally through us; for us set an atmosphere where spiritual gifts can be used; special filling of the Holy Spirit that will produce both the fruits of the Spirit and the gifts of the Spirit; having an understanding of how and when the gifts should operate in an orderly fashion; let each person operate the gifts in love in order to accomplish God’s will; let each person believe that God has a special an important gift for each member
- Day 7: Expectations of Miracles
Read & Mediate: John 14:12; Mak 10:27; Jeremiah 32:27; Luke 9:16-17;Matthew 17:20; Matthew 21:21; Mark 16:17;John 11:4; Revelation 3:8
Prayer Focus: Seeing God do the impossible; Healing from any sickness or illness; healing from physical pain and suffering of the body; any mental or emotional sickness; healing and protection from any medical procedures or operations any member may have; continuing protection on the highways; job advancements, raises, and promotions; financial breakthrough in our homes and in the church (including a permanent place of worship); success for our children in school; Salvation for our friends and families; supernatural growth of our church; may God continue to open doors for us.